Forbidden fruit

  This is something I saw online a long time ago , I can't remember where I saw it but it nice so enjoy.


Hedonistic in our quest for pleasure
we met and ate the apple.
It tasted so delicious
we ate it again
Then again
and again.
As we ate our teeth touch seed
We feign ignorance.
Still we continued.
Eating,sharing.
After we had eaten to our full,
I sit alone and reflect.
I want more than apple with you
I want to taste love,companionship,friendship
I want to be spared from the pain and shame and regret.
what makes us share
yet seek to remain detached?
I ask thesE questions
but on the morrow,
I'm anxious and waiting.
Waiting.
Will you come?
Will you come?
You do!
You obviously feel
the same about the apples?
What pride keeps us
from saying
we want more
than apples together?
Pride goeth before a fall;
but before that fall,
I wish the juice
will drip
and stain me
so i'll forever remember
our apple eating days.

Comments

  1. Hmmm. . . deep words. Once you have a taste of it, you keep wanting more. It's better to look away from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amaka you are right...once an individual tastes that forbidden fruit, he'll become oliver twist ask for more.

    www.glowyshoe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great read, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woow! This is really amazing. So on point
    www.alabekee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm.....i agree with amaka on this
    jibbyks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm, this got me thinking "but before that fall, I wish the juice will drip and stain me so i'll forever remember our apple eating days" really deep.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deep
    Seyonhundeyin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. But hope the apples won't get exhausted? Forbidden fruit it is as it's being called.

    livelifeng.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. nyc one hun....i stalked u here

    She remembers the moment. The photographer took her picture. She remembers her anger. The man was a stranger. She had never been photographed before. Until they met again 17 years later, she had not been photographed since. The photographer remembers the moment too. The light was soft. The refugee camp in Pakistan was a sea of tents. Inside the school tent he noticed her first. Sensing her shyness, he approached her last. She told him he could take her picture. Read A life revealed

    ReplyDelete
  10. As Yoruba will say "oro agba". Amaka is right, once you take a bite, it's hard to stop

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm...nice write up! apple eating days

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thoughts?
Phone no : 08064888563
Instagram : Glambypheezy
Email address... Thetruthandeverythingelse@gmail.com

Popular Posts